I know that as a student you try to save as much money and time as possible, therefore this blog is going to be about how to make your own Christmas cards in under an hour! For the readers out there who don’t want to spend ages cutting and sticking, don’t worry! I’m going to tell you how to make some Santa Christmas cards that look great, but are super easy to make!
You will need:
- Card (thick enough to be used as the main part of the card)
- Red paper
- White paper
- Flesh coloured paper
- Black marker pen
- Pink crayon or pencil
How to make the cards:
- Fold your card in half to make the main base for the cards.
- Cut a strip of the flesh coloured paper and place it in the middle of your card and trim the edges so that it fits, then glue it down.
- Cut a strip of red paper and stick it above the flesh coloured paper so that it covers the top of the card for Santa’s hat.
- Next, rip the white paper (don’t worry it doesn’t have to be neat) and glue it over where the red and flesh coloured paper meet. This is going to be the fur on Santa’s hat.
- Then rip another piece of white paper for his beard. You should try and make this arch at the top as shown in the picture below. Then stick this to the bottom of the card, below the flesh coloured paper.
- Take the black marker to draw eyes, nose and a mouth on Santa and use the pink crayon or pencil to draw on some rosey cheeks to the flesh coloured paper.
And you’re done!
You can also use this exact design to make gift bags and tags!
I hope this is useful and happy card making 🙂